• Recipient of the Grand Prix at the 4th Boris Shtokolov International Vocalists’ Competition (St Petersburg, 2014)
• Recipient of the Bronze Medal at the 11th Youth Delphic Games of Russia (Moscow, 2012)
• Prize-winner at the 40th Competition of Graduate Vocalists of Russian Music Colleges (2012, St Petersburg)
• Prize-winner at the 5th Irina Bogacheva International Competition of Opera Singers St Petersburg (2011)
• Prize-winner at the International Vocalists’ Competition Young Voices (Abakan, 2010; 1st prize, Audience Award, prize for the best performance of a non-Russian aria)
Kristina Gontsa was born in Krasnoyarsk Krai. In 2012 she graduated from the Krasnoyarsk State Academy of Music and Theatre (class of Vera Baranova). From 2010 to 2012 she took part in the International “Bach Academy in Krasnoyarsk”, directed by Stefan Weiler. Has performed the soprano roles in Cantata No. 79 and Johannes-Passion. In 2014 she completed a postgraduate study with distinction at the Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia (St Petersburg; class of Larisa Shevchenko).
Has taken part in masterclasses given by such teachers as Tatiana Novichenko, Gabriella Sborgi, Ruben Lisitsian, Henrietta Davis and Carolin Masur.
She trained at the Krasnoyarsk State Opera and Ballet Theatre. Roles she has performed at the theatre include Giannetta and Carmela (L’elisir d’amore), Kostya (Why Do Foxes Have Hares’ Ears), Mirabella (Strauss Gala), the Page (Rigoletto), the Cat (The Musicians of Bremen Town), Snow Maiden (The Snow Maiden) and the soprano role in the Russian premiere of African Sanctus by David Fanshawe under the baton of Dmitry Khodosh.
In the summer of 2013 at the Mariinsky Theatre she performed the role of the Flea in the world premiere of Rodion Shchedrin’s opera The Lefthander, which was conducted by Valery Gergiev.
Kristina Gontsa has toured with the Mariinsky Opera to Germany and Great Britain.
Repertoire at the Mariinsky Theatre:
The Nightingale (Le Rossignol)
The Flea (The Lefthander)
Zamarashka (A Christmas Tale)
Prilepa (The Queen of Spades)
Ninetta (The Love for Three Oranges)
A Shepherd Boy (Tosca)
Olympia (Les contes d'Hoffmann)
Lauretta (Betrothal in a Monastery)
Ilia (Idomeneo, rè di Creta)
Barbarina (Le nozze di Figaro)
A Lover (Il tabarro)
Flora (The Turn of the Screw)
Yniold (Pelléas et Mélisande)
Bastienne (Bastien und Bastienne)
Oscar (Un ballo in maschera)
Clorinda (La Cenerentola)
Repertoire also includes: Ascagne (Les Troyens), Swan-Princess (The Tale of Tsar Saltan), Musetta (La Bohème), the Queen of the Night (Die Zauberflöte), Gilda (Rigoletto).