• Recipient of the Onegin National Opera Award (2020; for the role of Quasimodo in Dargomyzhsky’s opera Esmeralda)
• Prize-winner at the 48th All-Russian Review Competition of Graduate Vocalists of Higher Institutes of Music (St Petersburg, 2020)
• Prize-winner at the Ippolitov-Ivanov All-Russian Open Competition-Festival of Performing Arts (Gatchina – Rostov-on-Don – Kostroma – Moscow, 2020; 1st prize)
• Prize-winner at the 9th Open All-Russian Nadezhda Obukhova Young Vocalists’ Competition (Lipetsk, 2020; 2nd prize)
• Recipient of the St Petersburg Youth Prize for Artistic Creativity (2019)
Miroslav Molchanov was born in Lugansk in 1992. In 2020 he graduated from the Rimsky-Korsakov St Petersburg State Conservatory (class of Vladimir Vaneyev).
From 2018 to 2021 Miroslav was a soloist with the St Petersburg Chamber Opera, where he performed the roles of King René (Iolanta), Prince Gremin (Eugene Onegin), Varlaam (Boris Godunov), Vasily Sobakin and Malyuta Skuratov (The Tsar’s Bride), Tsar Dodon (The Golden Cockerel), Colline (La Bohème), the Commendatore (Don Giovanni), Cesare Angelotti (Tosca), Sparafucile (Rigoletto), Basilio (Rossini’s Il barbiere di Siviglia), Orest and Orest’s Friend (Elektra), Quasimodo (Dargomyzhsky’s Esmeralda) and Raymond Bidebent (Lucia di Lammermoor) among others.
In 2021 the singer became a fellow of the Atkins Young Artists Program at the Mariinsky Theatre. In 2020 he made his debut at the theatre, performing the part of Shrovetide in The Snow Maiden.
Repertoire at the Mariinsky Theatre:
Ruslan (Ruslan and Lyudmila)
Konchak (Prince Igor)
Shrovetide (The Snow Maiden)
Prince Yuri Ivanovich Tokmakov (The Noblewoman Vera Sheloga)
Prince Gremin (Eugene Onegin, chamber version)
Lauret and a Soldier (The Maid of Orleans)
Cook (The Love for Three Oranges)
A District Police Officer, a Doctor, a Gendarme and a Nurse (The Lefthander)
Leporello (Don Giovanni)
Haly (L’italiana in Algeri)
Don Pasquale (Don Pasquale)
Doctor Grenvil (La traviata, chamber version)
Information for November 2022