Mariinsky Theatre Guest Soloist
• Prize-winner at the XVI International Tchaikovsky Competition (Moscow – St Petersburg, 2019; 2nd prize)
• Prize-winner at the 56th Tenor Viñas Contest (Barcelona, 2019; 1st prize)
• Prize-winner at the Young Performers’ Competition of the 11th Rashit Vagapov International Tatar Song Festival (Kazan, 2015; 1st prize)
• Prize-winner at the 2nd All-Russian Music Competition (Moscow, 2014; 3rd prize)
• Prize-winner at the 7th White Acacia International Festival and Competition of Russian Romance (Yoshkar-Ola, 2009; 1st prize)
Aigul Khismatullina was born in Naberezhnye Chelny (Republic of Tatarstan). In 2014 she graduated from the Zhiganov Kazan State Conservatoire (class of Klara Khayrutdinova), following which she undertook an assistant traineeship under Albina Shagimuratova (2014–2016).
From 2016 to 2017 she was a soloist at the Primorsky Stage of the Mariinsky Theatre in Vladivostok.
From 2017 to 2021 she was a fellow of the Atkins Young Artists Program at the Mariinsky Theatre.
In 2018 she made her Mariinsky Theatre debut as the Nightingale in Stravinsky’s opera Le Rossignol.
Repertoire at the Mariinsky Theatre:
The Queen of the Night (Die Zauberflöte, Primorsky Stage)
Swan-Princess (The Tale of Tsar Saltan, Primorsky Stage)
Ninetta (The Love for Three Oranges, Primorsky Stage)
A Pale Lady (The Gambler, Primorsky Stage)
Marfa (The Tsar’s Bride)
Lyudmila (Ruslan and Lyudmila)
Snow Maiden (The Snow Maiden)
Nightingale (Le Rossignol)
Sirin (The Nose)
Adina (L’elisir d’amore)
Lucia (Lucia di Lammermoor)
Olympia (Les Contes d’Hoffmann)
Lauretta (Gianni Schicchi)
Mélisande (Pelléas et Mélisande)
Zerbinetta (Ariadne auf Naxos, concert performance)
Soprano roles in Orff’s cantata Carmina Burana and Mahler’s Eighth Symphony
Has sung in the premiere performance of a new Mariinsky Theatre production of Pelléas et Mélisande (2019).
In 2021 she performed the part of Gilda (Rigoletto) at the Gran Teatre del Liceu in Barcelona.
Information for May 2022