Mariinsky Theatre Guest Soloist
• Prize-winner at the 3rd Éva Marton International Singing Competition (Budapest, 2018; 1st prize)
• Recipient of the prize of the Accademia Musicale Chigiana (Siena, 2018; Gold Star)
• Prize-winner at the 1st Sobinov International Vocal Competition (Yaroslavl, 2018; 1st prize)
• Prize-winner at the Competizione dell’Opera (Linz, 2017; 2nd prize)
• Prize-winner at the 2nd Angelo Loforese International Vocal Competition (Milan, 2017; 3rd prize)
• Prize-winner at the 1st International Virgilijus Noreika Competition for Singers (Vilnius, 2017; 3rd prize)
• Prize-winner at the 10th Rimsky-Korsakov International Competition for Young Opera Singers (St Petersburg – Tikhvin, 2016; 2nd prize)
• Prize-winner at the 8th Bibigul Tulegenova International Vocalists’ Competition (Almaty, 2016; 1st prize)
• Prize-winner at the 10th Elena Obraztsova International Competition of Young Opera Singers (St Petersburg, 2015; 2nd prize)
• Prize-winner at the 25th International Glinka Competition of Vocalists (Moscow, 2014; 2nd prize and prize for the best performance of a romance by Rachmaninoff)
• Prize-winner at the 1st Natalia Shpiller Open All-Russian Vocalists’ Competition Masterpieces of Russian Music (Moscow, 2014; Grand Prix)
• Prize-winner at the 6th All-Russian Nadezhda Obukhova Young Vocalists’ Competition (Lipetsk, 2014; 2nd prize)
• Prize-winner at the 8th People’s Artist of the USSR A.P. Ivanov International Vocalists’ Competition (Tver, 2013; Grand Prix)
Badral Chuluunbaatar was born in the Mongolian aimag (province) of Selenge in 1989. He studied vocals at Music and Dance College in Ulaanbaatar and subsequently at the Gnesin Russian Academy of Music (class of Natalia Dmitrieva; receiving his bachelor’s degree in 2016 and his master’s in 2018).
Has lived and worked in Italy since 2017.
In 2019 he made his debut at the Arena di Verona Festival in the operas Aida (Amonasro) and La traviata (Giorgio Germont), at the Teatro Massimo di Palermo in La traviata and at the Teatro Petruzzelli in Bari in Cavalleria rusticana (Alfio). In 2021 he sang the part of Giorgio Germont at the Teatro Verdi di Pisa and the part of Amonasro at the Astana Opera in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan (Aida staged by Franco Zeffirelli).
At the Mariinsky Theatre he appeared for the first time in November 2019, performing the role of Giorgio Germont in La traviata.
Information for October 2021